Calvary Church has opportunities for all ages to learn, grow, explore and connect with others as we learn about God’s love through Jesus.
Jr. Church meets on the stage in the 2nd floor Fellowship Hall after the Children’s Message. We are fortunate to have volunteers who teach Jr. Church with love and care to help others know and love God. Visitors are always welcome!
As a general guideline, we ask that one parent of children under the age of 8 remain in the building during Jr. Church time. Parents of children ages 8 and above should leave their contact information with teachers if they will be leaving the building.
Calvary offers two youth groups, which meet on Sundays during the school year and participate in mission trips during the summer. All kids grade 6 – 12 are encouraged to attend any of the Youth Group happenings. Contact Ryan Harrison with any questions at email@example.com.
Youth group events during the year:
- Youth Sunday – the youth plan and present a Sunday worship service.
- Food Sort – on a November Sunday, the groups sort the food from the Thanksgiving ingathering.
- Christmas Pageant in December – the youth are an integral part of our annual pageant, presenting musical numbers, humor, and drama.
- Christmas Party and Yankee Swap – the rules of the swap have been fine-tuned over the years and the youth have some great stories to tell!
- Soup Bowl Sunday Fundraiser on Super Bowl Sunday – the youth sell warm soup and bread to raise money for the summer mission trip.
- Walk for Hunger on the first Sunday in May – the youth participate in the walk to raise money for programs “that help to provide sustainable access to healthy, nutritious food to those in need.”
- BBQ Dinner Fundraiser in June – this annual event raises money for the summer mission trip.
- Mission Trip – youth are invited to serve in mission for a week. In past years, the group has traveled to Vermont, Appalachia, and Maine.
Confirmation Group is held every year or every two years, depending on the number of youth interested. Youth are invited to make the commitment to join the one-year journey that ends with their confirmation as members of Calvary Church. From September to June, the group meets once or twice a month, with each youth working with an adult mentor. During the summer, each youth meets individually with the pastor and decides whether to become a member of the church during Confirmation Weekend in the fall.
Vacation Bible School
We offer Vacation Bible School every summer. We sing, dance, play games, learn about God through stories, skits, music, and service, have a snack, and have fun with one another.
Children ages 5-10 are welcome to join us (children must be fully toilet trained), and older children may serve as youth assistants. VBS is free although donations are gratefully accepted.
Enrollment information is sent in May or June. If you have any questions or would like to be added to our mailing list, please contact the church office.