Calvary members and friends go on an annual mission trip during the summer. In July 2023 we will return to Machias, Maine to work with Down East Maine Missions building ramps and repairing roofs, porches, and siding.
We drive up to Machias on a Sunday, work from Monday-Friday, and return on Saturday. We stay in campground bunkhouses with beds and mattresses and have access to a bathhouse with showers and toilets. A Calvary food team provides breakfast, dinner, and supplies for bag lunches.
Requirements for participation:
- Age 13 and up are welcome; 11- and 12-year olds possible with discussion between parents and our Director of Christian Education
- Commit to attending by the end of May
- Help with at least two of the fundraising events we hold during the year
- Attend a tool/safety training session and at least one prep session
- Pay the mission trip fee, which is usually $200 each for the first and second participants in a family, and $125 each for additional participants in a family (scholarships are available for those in need)